Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wow...it's been 3 years.

The last 3 years I took a break from blogging...I can't believe how fast those years went by. To catch you up: Myself and the profile are still very much together and this New Englander girl moved to North Dakota in the Summer of 2010 to be with my sweetie. One deployment, 3 years of military and a cross country move have gone by. I'm still in school- getting my Masters in Public Health and the sweetie will finish his degree in May with me! I've decided to redirect this blog to more accurately reflect my wide array of interests. The Army will officially be a past part of my life when Sweetie finishes his last reserve weekend in January. Some things you can expect to see from me are wedding planning things, crafts for the home, DIY wedding stuff, fun children's things (clothes, toys, products) and so many other things.
To start: We are not engaged but the wedding will be in my hometown in New Hampshire so I'm allowed to plan certain things now since his family will be traveling quite far to attend. North Dakota is as cold as you think and then a bit colder after that. My cousin - the one that introduced me and sweetie- sent me an article this morning about the coldest cities in the United States. Needless to say, ours was one it and all 3 of the cities we are considering moving to once we finish school in May. My fashion has changed from heels and cute dresses to jeans, flats, and sweaters the majority of the year. It is WAY too windy here to wear the same light summer dresses of yesterJanna. <-- oh that...yeah, that's my name. Janna, not yesterjanna. I may occasionally ask for advice of how to deal with cold, a 6 year old boy with the attention span of a fruit fly, a love of my life that loves video games, in-laws to be that I love but live across the street and own our rental, how to maintain relationships with family and my best friends 2000 miles away and all sorts of things as well as offer up tips for what I have learned. I find that if you are close to your family it is hard to be away. Thanks to travel and the economy, more people than ever live away from their families. I'm here to help with that! That's all for today but I am excited about this new direction :-)

No comments: